This blog is going to be the general musings of a guy well past his prime. It may contain humor from the antics of his seven grown children or his five (soon to be seven) grandchildren or even his senior self. It may contain items related to religion, philosophy, or politics. It may contain non sequitur hints and helps for calculus, software engineering, or how to grill a great meal for family or friends.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

When We Grow Up


Yesterday morning as Asher (one of our grandsons) was playing before he left for school, he asked why we didn't have a chimney. After explaining to him why we did not, he said: "When daddy and me grow up, I want us a house with a chimney."

I thought that an interesting take on things: "When daddy and me grow up..."

We all have to "grow up" sometime. To Asher it means having a house...with a chimney. And I guess it means that when he has a house, his daddy will then be a grown-up too. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I kinda want to put this on my joke blog... but I won't. :)

    ReplyDelete